Dubai with Kids: Things to do, Travel Guide and Tips
Dubai is as much as attractive to kids as to grown-ups. And the best part is that there are plenty of activities for little ones here which interestingly would appeal to all members in your group. So plan a Dubai trip with your kids in tow; the whole family will have absolute fun and entertainment no matter what they wish to see or do in Dubai.
For more inspiration, follow this comprehensive guide which not only enlightens you on top things to do in Dubai with kids but also covers amazing travel hacks plus COVID-19 guidelines and the best time to travel Dubai.
Best Time To Travel Dubai With Kids
For wholesome amusement and adventure, the ideal time to visit Dubai is during winter months (November to March). Weather is pleasant during this period the entire city is rife with activities, cool festivities and stunning seasonal sights such as DSF (Dubai Shopping Festival), Global Village, and Dubai Miracle Garden to name a few. Moreover, be prepared to give your Christmas and New Year celebrations a whole new dimension when you visit Dubai in December – January.
If you and your kids are okay to part with all exuberance / outdoor fun of winter months, visiting Dubai during summer months is equally exciting. After all, the city has some fantastic indoor attractions encompassing extensive malls, thrilling escape rooms, and terrific edutainment experiences to fill your vacation with quality unforgettable moments. Travelling to Dubai in summer months also offers some significant perks such as low-cost accommodation, killer shopping deals, and mostly free visa for your kids, especially for your Dubai visit between July 15 and September 15.
Where To Stay In Dubai With Kids?
Try to find an accommodation or hotel that ticks all your expectations of a Dubai holiday with kids, such as kid-friendly pools, cafes, restaurants, and shopping/entertainment options. Dependent on the duration and nature of your Dubai trip, you can choose to stay at one of these hotels:
- Atlantis, The Palm: This imposing five-star resort on the crescent part of the iconic man-made island of Palm Jumeirah has everything to promise your little ones a holiday of a lifetime. This range from the most fabulous dining choices to astonishing recreational choices such as Aquaventure Water Park, Dolphin Bay and the Lost Chambers Aquarium within its grounds to name a few.
- The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina: With the kid-exclusive club, babysitting services and even a dedicated menu, this is another best accommodation to consider on your family Dubai travel. You can enjoy access to a private beach area.
- Kempinski Hotel: Mall of the Emirates is one Dubai attraction with plenty of leisure options to enthral your little ones, such as Magic Planet, Ski Dubai etc. Get convenient and direct access to all these and beyond when you choose to stay in this hotel facing the slopes of Ski Dubai.
- Le-Meridian Mina Seyahi Resort: Looking for a beach retreat with kids, stay in this beach resort complete with several interesting attractions like Penguin Club, kids pool etc.
- Rove at the Park: For your theme-park based holiday, this hotel at Dubai Parks and Resorts is one of the ultimate options as it gives convenient access to its four parks including Motiongate Dubai, Bollywood Parks Dubai, LEGOLAND Dubai, and LEGOLAND Water Park.
Helpful Tips For Your Family Vacation In Dubai
- Dubai is an Islamic destination means be prepared to abide by its local’s customs and laws entrenched in its religious roots.
- Due to its strong heat and sunrays year-round, bring comfortable clothing and other essentials like a hat, sunscreen lotion etc.
- Carry a suitable dress for your winter travel. In other words, dress your kids in layers when visiting desert or during outdoor experiences.
- Make sure that you pre-plan every aspect of your Dubai travel, such as accommodation, sightseeing, cruises, safaris etc, at least three to four months before.
- Don’t forget to check for amazing deals and discount promotions before booking.
- Most of all, Dubai is already renowned for its crime-free environment. It is considered a relatively safe destination to travel amid pandemic.
- But make sure that you adhere to all strict COVID-19 guidelines such as wearing masks in public, maintaining social distancing (of six feet apart), and regular sanitization of hands.
- As you arrive at Dubai, submit your PCR test results at the airport and this should be conducted within 96 hours of your Dubai travel.
Top Things To Do In Dubai With Kids
Enjoy Dubai’s Theme Parks Whether you’re travelling to Dubai for a day or a week, make sure that you take your kids to some of the region’s top theme parks. A day or at least a few hours in its amazing theme parks is definite to gift your little ones the most cherished moments with the most enticing rides, games etc. Visit the biggest of its kind IMG Worlds of Adventure, experience authentic snow activities at Ski Dubai, and most of all, have absolute family-based fun and amusement at Dubai Parks and Resorts where you can enjoy LEGO-inspired experiences plus many rides and games themed around Hollywood and Bollywood movies.
Take an Exciting Cruise
A cruise along its dazzling waters is a genuine must-do during your Dubai trip with kids. Besides some amazing cruise spots to choose (like Dubai Creek, Dubai Marina or Dubai Canal), cruise in Dubai comes in a variety of forms, such as a relaxed dhow cruise, thrilling RIB cruise and the stunning ever Wonder Bus Tour which lets you see Dubai attractions from land and water.
Dubai’s compelling desert landscape lies within an easy drive distance (30 to 40 minutes away) and makes a great place to visit with your little ones. From dune bash in a 4X4 vehicle to camel ride, quad biking and sandboarding to cultural experiences such as henna tattooing, Shisha smoking, and falconry, a desert safari in Dubai appeals to kids of all age groups. It’s also worth embarking on an evening or overnight desert safari with BBQ dining, traditional shows (like Tanura and belly dance show), and camping under the desert.
Visit Burj Khalifa
Dubai has a larger-than-life image when it comes to its architectural fineness. And your smaller ones would surely enjoy taking in the novelty of Dubai sights, mainly Burj Khalifa. It’s the world’s tallest man-made structure at a jaw-dropping altitude of 828 meters. Take a trip up to its observation deck (on 124th or 148th level) on the fastest of its kind elevator ride and this will treat you with the most astonishing views of the city skyline, desert, oceans and more. There is also a multimedia presentation highlighting Dubai’s intriguing past.
Discover kid-centric attractions at the Dubai Mall
Besides being famous for its over 1200 outlets, the Dubai Mall (adjacent to Burj Khalifa) guarantees an all-day adventure and enjoyment for your little ones. Topping the list of must-experience with kids is Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo with over 33,000 marine creatures in its huge 10-million litre tank. More attractions follow with KidZania Dubai which is particularly designed for kids from 2 to 16 years, and VR Park Dubai where your little ones can experience the best in Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality. Finally, be sure to take them to the mall’s coolest spot at Dubai Ice Rink; this Olympic-size ice rink is ideal for both pros and beginners.
Take in Dubai Fountain show
Once you step outside of the Dubai Mall, make your way to Burj Lake which sets the stage for the legendary Dubai Fountain show. This stunning spectacle of choreographed water performance is certain to leave your kids in sheer awe and wonder. Its location against the backdrop of Burj Khalifa adds to its charm.
Check out amazing Dubai Museums
Dubai has some incredible museums that not only enlighten your kids about the humble Emirati past but also educate and entertain them for hours. Dubai Museum (inside the region’s oldest of its kind Al Fahidi Fort), Coin Museum, Camel Museum, and Museum of Illusions are some of them. You can also expect to see the most futuristic Museum of Future in the coming days.
Let them watch an exciting show
Dubai hosts many entertaining shows all through the year and seeing one of them is the best activity for those holidaying with little ones. And some of the unmissable among them are the 45-minute Dolphin and Seal Show at Dubai Dolphinarium and the astonishing ever La Perle by Dragone show.
Visit Water Parks or Sign up for some exhilarating water activities
There are some innovative water parks including the all-time favourite Wild Wadi Water Park, spellbinding Aquaventure Water Park, and the newest Laguna Water Park. If these aren’t enough for your kids, let them have some vibrant thrill with activities such as banana boat ride, jet-skiing, deep-sea fishing, kayaking, swimming with dolphins etc.
Whether you wish to add theme parks, outdoor activities, or one-of-its-adventure, a trip to Dubai with kids is guaranteed to offer the utmost fun and thrill to your little ones. Dubai is a place like no other in the Middle East which boasts of everything to turn your Dubai vacation into moments that would last forever.
This is a guest post written to bring awareness and push Tourism in Dubai. Travel and Tourism have taken a back seat, however, there are some places that are safe and can be enjoyed with family. Dubai is one of them.
thank youfor this post.. I am so greatful to encounter this.. I have been planning to visit dubai and would be taking my kid along too next year.. bookmarking this post
I have been to Dubai and it’s a fantastic place to explore. Your tips and suggestions are pretty apt.
Wow you had covered it all. Dubai is in my wishlist since long and after reading your post, feeling tempted to visit it with my family. But we have to wait little more until things get normalized.
Have been to Dubai once but that was more like a work trip. Didn’t get to explore much. Once travel restrictions are eased, I’d like to visit Dubai again.
Dubai Tour is full of fun, and adventure. It seems that there are really many new attractions. Great thoughts.
We are planning for Dubai and your post is a perfect for me to prepare the iternary for the places. Saving this post for the future too as the travel will begin once the pandemic is over.
The Pointe and Blue waters is also a great addition to this list.. amazing precautions of social distancing taken everywhere.
Dubai is in my wish list. In fact, if pandemic wouldn’t happened, we would have made a visit.
Nevertheless, in future in sha allah.
Noor Anand Chawla
Dubai is a lovely place for a family vacation and it is convenient because of the short flight too. Thank you for sharing such in-depth information on it.
Such a compelling blog post is this, with expounding every aspect of dubai. Burj khalifa has been always my top bucket list venue from childhood. Would definitely visit once. Thanks for sharing.
I was just talking about going to Dubai. This is a great blog post on it. I definitely need to try all this. It’s an truly amazing experience and Dubai is really an interesting place to visit.
we are planning a trip there. thanks a lot for sharing the tips. very helpful for first time travelers
Hmm it looks like your blog ate my first comment (it was extremely long) so I guess I’ll just sum it
up what I wrote and say, I’m thoroughly enjoying your blog.
I as well am an aspiring blog writer but I’m still new
to everything. Do you have any tips for beginner
blog writers? I’d certainly appreciate it.