Croissant is favorite breakfast of one and all. Ever wondered how it is made? Homemade croissants are most easy to make.
- Maida 1 kg
- Sugar granules 60 gms
- Salt 20 gms
- Calcium powder 3 gms
- Fresh yeast (dry yeast 45 gms) 35 gms
- Bread improver 3 gms
- Milk 100 ml
- Chilled water 400 ml
- Oil 70 gms
- Amul butter 250 gms
- Take chilled water in one bowl, add milk, yeast and sugar to it.
- Let it melt.
- Add all other dry ingredients in one bowl and mix it to the liquid mixture.
- Prepare the dough.
- Cover it in cloth or keep in polyethene.
- Let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Roll it. Apply fat on rolled sheet.
- Use whole fat in the rolled sheet.
- Fold it and keep it in freezer for 10 minutes.
- Take it out and proceed with the same procedure for 2 more times continuously.
- Keep it in polyethene bag, pack it properly and keep it in freezer for 4 hours.
- Take it out and keep it out for 10 to 15 minutes and then start rolling it again.
- Keep dusting and roll about 4 mm to 5 mm in thickness.
- Cut the rolled sheet in triangle shape.
- You can use any kind of filling in it and then fold it in a croissant shape or roll it without filling.
- In a greasing tray keep croissants for about 4045 minutes for proofing. Then give it a milk wash and keep it for baking on 220 degree c for 12 to 5 minutes.
- After baked take it out and immediately polish it with oil and serve it for about half an hour.
Croissants are ready!