In this season of monsoon, tea is always on the mind of tea lovers. Why not accompany the hot tea with salt and cumin cookies? After posting the recipe for chocolate cookies, I thought of posting something that is not too sweet. Here emerges the recipe for salt and cumin (jeera) biscuits/cookies.
- All purpose flour : 1 kg
- Marvo butter : 300 gm
- Salt : 25 gm
- Castor sugar : 250 gm
- milk – 70 ml
- butter: 300 gm
- milk powder : 50 gm
- cumin seeds : 20 gm
- custard powder : 50 gm
- baking powder : 8 gm
- In a container take marvo butter,milk powder, butter,castor sugar,custard powder. Give a nice mix to all of them
- Add salt and milk while whisking the above mixture.
- In another container add baking powder and the heart of the entire recipe that is cumin seeds into the all purpose flour.
- Mix it well.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Make a dough.
- Roll the dough with the help of the roller.
- It is necessary to give dusting while rolling to prevent the dough from sticking.
- Design the dough that is rolled with the help of the fork with light hands.
- Cut into the desired shape.
- Keep in mind the thickness of the sheet which should be around 6 mm
- Place the shapes into the tray.
- Bake it into the pre- heated oven at 170 degree Celsius for 20 minutes.
Hola! Its ready. Enjoy with tea! Do let me know in comments about how did it turned out!