Gujarat and gujaratis are world famous for their business and food. It is a famous proverb that where ever a gujarati goes, he carries snacks along. It is cent percent true. Our India is so diverse that we have thousands of recipes. One such is Sev Khamani. It is a gujarati recipe that is prepared from famous Khaman.
Sev khamani is particularly made from Gram lentil and it is very flavorsome and tangy. It is one of the easiest gujarati recipes prepared from ingredients that are effortlessly accessible at our home. You can enjoy this grub for breakfast or tea time snack. It is an appetizer that will savor your taste buds with sweet and sour taste. Lemon with add tanginess and pomegranate seeds will add sweetness to the dish.
- 2 cups Gram flour
- 3 nos Green chilies
- 2.5 tbsp Curds
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 3 tsp Cooking Oil
- 3 tsp Lemon Juice
- Salt to taste
- 2.5 tsp ENO Fruit salt
- 1/2 cup Water
- Before moving ahead to make sev khamani we have to make khaman.
- To make khaman, mix gram flour, green chilli paste, ginger paste, sugar, oil, lemon juice, salt. Mix it and add water as needed.
- Consistency should be thick and Eno should not be added in this mixture. Mix well and make sure there are no lumps in it.
- Place a steamer on a gas and add water as needed in the steamer.
- Grease the thali and place a steamer on gas. Grease the thali and Eno in the mixture prepared above.
- Add the mixture in the thali and spread it by taping it.
- Put it in the steamer and let it steam for about 10 minutes.
- You can put a stick in the mixture and if it comes out clean, khaman is ready.
- 4 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 2 tsp Sesame seeds
- 5 Curry leaves
- 2 Green chillies
- ¼ Garlic
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- chopped Coriander leaves for garnishing
- 1 Pomegranate seeds for garnishing
- ½ tbsp. asafoetida
- Sev for garnishing
- Lemon juice for garnishing
- Grate the khaman prepared with hands.
- It should be grated coarsely but with hands only.
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- When oil gets heated add the mustard seeds, curry leaves and asafetida and let it splutter.
- Now add this oil mixture on the grated khaman. Mix it with a spatula.
- The best part is here.
- Take khamani in a serving dish. Add coriander leaves on top of it.
- Spread some pomegranate seeds and dash it with handful of sev.
- Crunchy sev with soft khamani with bring water to your mouth.
- This is a perfect mouth savory for tea time and breakfast.
- It is a perfect blend of mixture if you like to enjoy taste gujarati taste that is tangy soft and sweet.
- Give hands on try and enjoy this flavor from western part of India.
This post has been written as a part of #BharatKaZaika which is a blogging event conducted by #BlogBoosterIndia. Hosted by Aditi, Mahesh, Pragun, Preeti, Saba, Sanjota, Sudip, Suhasini,Supriya and sponsored by Habhit Wellness Private Ltd.”